What we’re looking for:
- Addictive commercial fiction that readers can’t get enough of – we’re looking for gripping storytelling, characters we believe in and a distinctive narrative voice.
- Genres we’re particularly interested in includes psychological thriller, police procedural, cosy crime, historical fiction, women’s fiction, romantic comedy and speculative fiction
How to pitch to us:
- Between 9am and 6pm on Monday 5th June, tweet your pitch with the hashtag #PitchAccent, tagging @AccentPress. Our team of editors will be monitoring throughout the day and will ‘like’ your pitch if they want to call it in. When pitching, consider the strength of the hook – can you sum it up in one line? – and, if you can, let us know what the genre is.
- Every pitch we call in will be read and considered for the Accent list. While we can’t guarantee a publishing deal, all submissions will receive some editorial feedback and advice on next steps within 8 weeks.
- Length of submission: please be prepared to have at least the first three chapters of your novel ready if we call it in. A full manuscript is even better but we understand this may not always be possible. If an editor is keen to pursue after reading the material, they will be in touch to discuss a timeline.