Answer the following question to be in with the chance of winning a set of Jane Harper’s bestselling novels, ahead of the release of her upcoming book, The Survivors.
Terms and Conditions
1. This is a competition for a set of bestselling Jane Harper novels, The Dry, The Lost Man, Force of Nature and the Survivors. To enter, please answer the question “The Australian landscape plays a major role in Jane Harper’s novels: “To look out and see not another soul between you and the horizon could be a strange and disturbing sight.” What is the name of Aaron Falk’s fictional hometown in The Dry?” and provide your details through the online form above.
2. The winner will be selected from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: answering the question successfully, UK entrants only. The winner shall be selected by Little, Brown Book Group, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
4. The competition opens at 16:00 pm GMT on 15/01/2021 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 11/02/2021. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. The winner’s name will be published on 19/02/2021. The winner may see their name and their entry posted on the Company’s (see below) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
6. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
10. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
11. The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the competition and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/imprint/little-brown/page/privacy-notice-general-little-brown/ It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the competition and delivering any prize and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the competition. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the competition. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize. The company will need to provide the winner’s address and other relevant information to its distributor Hachette UK Distribution Limited, Sunday Times Crime Club to enable the prizes to be sent.
12. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from the Company, the email addresses of entrants will be used by the Company in accordance with its Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/imprint/little-brown/page/privacy-notice-general-little-brown/ to send news about books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications.
13. Where entrants have opted-in to receive communications from companies within the Hachette UK group of companies (“Hachette Companies”), the email addresses of entrants may be shared with the Hachette Companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies in accordance with their Privacy Notice to send news about their books, products and promotions and to invite entrants to participate in surveys. Entrants will be given the option of opting out in those emails if they don’t want to receive any further communications. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/landing-page/company-information-all/
14. By entering the competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. This competition is being organised by Little, Brown Book Group Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ.
16. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
[ ] I would like to receive newsletters from [Hachette entity] and to be invited to participate in its surveys and agree to my personal data being used for this purpose in accordance with its Privacy Notice https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/imprint/little-brown/page/privacy-notice-general-little-brown/
[ ] I would also like to receive newsletters from the companies within the Hachette UK group of companies and to be invited to participate in their surveys and agree that [Hachette entity] may share my personal data for these purposes with the Hachette UK companies and that they may use it for the same purposes.