Happy Friday! As the week draws to a close, so too does NEW YORK FASHION WEEK!
It’s only apt to celebrate Linda Fairstein’s Killer Look, a captivating tale of murder on the catwalk – you might guess that there’s nothing pretty about it; it’s a cutthroat world if you’re trying to make it in the industry.
Detective Alex Cooper’s got more on her mind than look-books; she’s got to get to the bottom of a case where style’s turned ugly…
New York City is one of the fashion capitals of the world, well-known for its glamour and style. Yet high fashion means high stakes, as Alex Cooper quickly discovers when businessman and designer Wolf Savage is found dead in an apparent suicide, days before the biggest show of his career. When Savage’s daughter insists his death was murder, the case becomes more than a media sensation.
With her own job at the DA’s Office in jeopardy, and spiralling into a reliance on alcohol, Alex is not anyone’s first choice for help. But she is determined to uncover the grime – and the possible homicide – beneath the glitz. Soon she and police detectives Mike Chapman and Mercer Wallace are investigating the family secrets Savage kept so well hidden, even from those closest to him – just as things are about to get deadly on the catwalk.
Killer Look is out now in paperback – click here to buy.
‘If it is authenticity you demand, Linda Fairstein has got it in spades… She delivers the other ingredients, too: engaging characters, an intelligent story full of twists and terrific tension’
TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE TO WIN A £20 TOPSHOP VOUCHER TWEET YOUR FAVOURITE CATWALK LOOK USING THE HASHTAG #KILLERLOOKBOOK & tag @THECRIMEVAULT (Ts&Cs apply, as below)
Terms & Conditions:
1 This is a prize draw to win one £20 Topshop voucher. To enter, please tweet a picture of your favourite catwalk look using the hashtag #killerlookbook and tag @thecrimevault.
- The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a member of the Little, Brown publicity department, whose decision will be final.
- The winner may see their entry posted on the Little, Brown Book Group (hereinafter the ’Company’) website and on other websites and social media accounts.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The prize draw opens at 11:00 am GMT on 17th February 2017 and closes at 23:59 pm GMT on 18th February 2017. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The prize draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over in the UK except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. .
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
- The winner’s name will be published on Twitter on 19th February 2017
- The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address 50 Victoria Embankment, LONDON, EC4Y 0DZ.
- The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news.
- By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Little, Brown, 50 Victoria Embankment, LONDON, EC4Y 0DZ.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.